Libraries as social institutions have become an integral part of Institution. Libraries and organizations are interlinked and interdependent, not mutually exclusive. We all recognise that information plays a significant role in the all round human development, enabling peoples to develop their full potential with appropriate education and skills and preparing them for a transition from education stage to work stage. Libraries are service oriented institutions that provide access to information, knowledge and culture. To perform this role, libraries collect, stock, process and organize documents published in print, electronic, digital, or multi-media formats; build tools to search material for use; and offer user services for information dissemination.
Asian School of Business Boasts a rich library with around 797 titles and around 6746 books and approximately 2578 e-books that makes approx 10,000 resources in the library. The Institute has subscriptions to around 15 Journals (hard copy) and 7 Magazines hard copy. We have subscribed to the online journal database J-gate, DELNET and NDL where we have full text access to 518 National and 4548 International Journals. provides a fully air-conditioned & Wi-Fi enabled world-class learning environment. It has a well-developed book stack, reference section and digital library which makes studying a unique and a lifetime experience.
The Library of Asian School of Business is automated through ERP software and is well-stocked with Indian and International books and journals covering all areas of management, commerce, technology etc. to meet the needs of students, faculty and research scholars from various areas. The library is continuously augmented with the latest books and journals to help the students keep abreast of current and contemporary issues. Therefore, the Library manages knowledge both in print and digital formats, ensures seamless discovery and access to these scholarly resources, and provides faculty, students, and staff with professional support to find, evaluate, manage, and use such resources.
New Arrivals – Books
New Arrivals – Journals
Libraries are an integral part of the higher education system; they provide quality collection to promote research, teaching and learning activities. Library collection is very important for user satisfaction. We have developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in Management, Business and Marketing. It is continuously updated with latest books and other resources so as to assist library users in keeping up with the current and contemporary issues. The library collection comprising of books, journals, thesis, reports and other reading material i.e. total collection of the Library as follows:
- Book Volumes-6746
- Book Titles-797
- Print Journals- 15
Library is an organized collection of information resources made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing and this collection of information may be in the form of printed or non printed materials. A library provides us physical or digital access to material, and may be a physical building or room, or a virtual space, or both containing a collection of informative material. Library services bring together the document or information sources and their users by personal efforts of the library staff. User’s information requirement depends upon the purpose for which he/she is seeking information. Library services satisfy information needs of users through dissemination of information resources. We offer the following services to our users.
- Circulation Services
- Reference Services
- Digital Library
- Current Awareness Services
- Remote Access
- Plagiarism Check Services
- Photocopy and Print Services
Library Infrastructure is one of the most essential parts for users. The overall environment of the library decides the final output of user satisfaction. We have a full Air conditioned Library reading room area of more than 100 seating capacity. We have a Separate Book Stack Area, New arrival Section, Digital Library Section, Journals, Magazines and Newspaper display in the Library. We have separate sections for competitive exams for students preparing for GATE, CAT, MAT and others.
Library Rules and Regulations
- The library shall remain open on all working days (Monday to Saturday) from 8:30 A.M to 6:00 P.M. Issue / return time of books and reading materials is 9:00 A.M. to 5:00P.M.
- Library membership is open to all students and staff members; however, they need to apply for the membership on prescribed application form.
- Students are eligible to get three text books issued through barcode/chip on their Institute ID Card. Till the time a student is not issued the permanent ID Card, a temporary ID Card in the prescribed format can be requested from the concerned Dean/HOD for getting the books issued. This temporary card has to be submitted back on the issuance of the permanent ID Card with barcode.
- Library Membership is non-transferable. The student himself /herself shall be responsible for any misuse of his / her ID card. Exchanging ID cards among students is strictly prohibited.
- The Institute ID Card should be preserved carefully as it is essential for establishing library membership. Loss of the Card should be reported immediately in writing to the respective Dean/HOD. Issue of a duplicate card may be considered in case of loss on a payment of Rs. 200/-.
- Books from the Circulation section shall be issued for a maximum 10 days at a time.
- Books once issued will not be returned on the same day.
- Requests for reissuing the book will not be entertained if the book request is pending from other students.
- Sub-lending of books is strictly forbidden.
- Borrowers shall return the book on or before the due date, failing which an overdue fine ofRs.10/- per day per book will be levied. Producing “Medical Certificate” will not entitle a student exemption from the fine. No book will be issued to the student unless he/she returns back the overdue books.
- No student will be entitled to keep the book overdue on the pretext that he/she has got placement/job interview and he/she is not able to attend the college. The borrowed book shall be returned on time to the library failing which the usual fine will be levied on the student.
- Books marked “NOT TO BE ISSUED”/“REFERENCE ONLY”, journals, magazines, newspapers, shall not be issued to students.
- The Library In-Charge reserves the right to recall any book issued even prior to the due date, if necessary.
- Students are required to obtain a “No Dues Certificate” at the end of each semester. Defaulters will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Borrowers shall be responsible for safe return of the books to the library. While borrowing a book, students must ensure that the book is in good condition. Any damage must be brought to the notice of library staff. The student will have to either replace the book or will pay double the price of the book, if any damage or disfigurement of the book is noticed at the time of returning the book in the library. If any book is damaged or lost, the borrower shall have to replace the whole set or pay double the price of the set with a fine amount.
- Library is a place for making the best use of resources. Complete silence shall be maintained in the library. Members are, therefore, advised not to indulge in conversation, consultation, discussion or demonstrative greetings of friends. Any defaulter may be suspended from the library for a period up to 15 days decided by the Director based on the recommendation of the Library In-charge.
- “Mobile phone” shall be kept switched off or on silent mode before entering the library.
- Bags, folders, personal books, magazines, ladies purses etc. are not allowed to be brought inside the library. Students, in their interest, are advised not to leave money in their bags, purses etc.
- Visitors are not entertained inside the library without prior permission of the Library In- Charge.
- Stealing or damaging books/magazines/journals, etc. from the library or misbehavior with library staff shall be considered as an offense for which strict disciplinary action will be
taken against the students concerned to the extent of expulsion from the institute.
- Photocopying service is available for all students at nominal charges. Photocopying of library books & Journals may only be carried out within the copyright regulations. Before taking any book/journal for photocopying, permission must be obtained from the librarian or library staff on duty.
- Director/Library In-Charge has the right to add, delete or amend any or all the above rules from time to time depending on the circumstances.
TIMING OF LIBRARY
8:30 am to 6:00 pm
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:30 am to 6:00 pm
If you have any query, Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org