We not only welcome diverse perspectives, but see them as a critical ingredient in our uniquely collaborative and creative environment. When people from different backgrounds come together to develop and test an idea, invention happens. Experience of a business school can never be restricted to academic and class room learning but rather goes beyond learning from books to all round development of students. Enrolling for a club of their choice and organizing interesting activities throughout the year provides them an opportunity to know their peers better, learn to work in a team, learn to work under time and budget constraints.
Utsav is the most happening club of ASB. It uses performing arts to help students embrace and celebrate the rich dimensions of the diversity on campus. In addition, the club promotes interaction among the students and strives to bring cheerful smiles on their faces.It offers immense opportunity for students to learn several management lessons while organizing Huge Annual Events, coordinating with third party vendors, allocating adequate budgets for each activity. The biggest and most awaited cultural fest of ASB is KESSHET wherein students across the country showcase their talent through various dance forms, music events and other activities. The purpose of the club is to encourage the young minds to perform and show the talent in the activities like –Treasure Hunt, Ad Mad show, Dances, Nukkad Natak, Face painting, Management Quiz, Leadership Games, Vocabulary, Rangoli, Fashion Show and many more such events.
The HR club functions with the sole objective to equip the students with the required industry exposure and the latest industry requirement in terms of skills and expertise in various fields of HR. Apart from the industry facing events, there are several internal initiatives taken up by the club which respond to the student needs, such as Guest lectures on the latest issues in HR world, regular in-house quizzing and interaction between senior and junior batch. Goal is to
- help students learn more about Human Resource and what Human Resource Professionals do.
- provide a platform to students to take the lead in arranging the events
- promotes the active participation of the students
- gain insights into the latest happenings in the field of HR
- to educate graduate business students about career opportunities in the human resources field and prepare them for future careers.
The objective of the club is to instill familiarity about brands, and various techniques of effective usage of tools of Marketing through innovative and enjoyable Events.
- Through this club we aim to:
- To enhance student experience outside the classroom
- To cultivate leadership, teamwork, and an understanding of marketing knowledge
- To create and provide a variety of opportunities to explore marketing as a career path
- To create ‘industry fitness’ for marketing students through development of professional skills
- Increased student engagement in marketing events
- To provide an insight of real like marketing set up.
Entrepreneurship Cell aims to cater to the needs of aspiring entrepreneurs as well as to shape the mindset of strategic thinkers. The club is primarily responsible to
- foster entrepreneurship skills amongst the business students
- provide experiential learning opportunities for students
- Bridge the gap between strategic concepts learned in the classroom and the complex challenges faced in today’s business environment.
- provide networking opportunities to students with entrepreneurs, investors as well as strategy leaders in the commercial and academic world.
Modern technology has become a total phenomenon for civilization, the defining force of a new social order in which efficiency is no longer an option but a necessity imposed on all human activity.- Jacques Ellul
With the evolution of information technology and analytics, companies have revolutionized the ways in which they deliver their offerings resulting in enhanced productivity and transforming the lives of people and society at large.
The IT Club of ASB is a student driven body which endeavors to create an interactive learning platform for providing a glimpse into the industry encompassing a multitude of aspects.
- The club aims to
- conduct plethora of discussions, b-plan quizzes, case study competitions and workshops
- developing IT skill sets to manage data, enterprise systems, data mining and intelligence, data security, big data and analytics
- enhance participants’ understanding on various trends in the IT industry
- prepare them for career opportunities in the domain of IT.
Sports Club at ASB conducts various intra-college and inter-college events to keep the environment at the college fun-filled and enthusiastic. The intra-college events include events held to bring together students in a spirit of sportsmanship over matches held between juniors and seniors, students and teachers, current students and Alumni.
Athleema 2016 season 5, started with great pomp and show at Jasola Stadium on 22nd Nov 2016. It was graced by the well known dignitaries and celebrities like Mr Sushil Kumar, two times Olympic Medal Winner; Mr. Bharat Sharma, General Secretary, Karate Association of India; Dr Satyapal Singh Prajapati, youngest Dronacharya Awardee,Mr Manesh Sharma : Vice President of Women football federation of India and Mr Satnam Prajapati. Mr. Sandeep Marwah, President, Asian Education Group, motivated the young participants with his magical words. There were participants from more than 40 schools and colleges across Delhi NCR. The 3 day events ended with the Valedictory function at the campus Mr.Vikram Kaul, President JNU Sports Club, Mr. Sandeep Marwah, President, Asian Education Group were the guest for the occasion.
As part of Institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives, CSR Club reflects the parallel extension of simplicity, cooperation, unwarranted support & kindness.
The institute intends to be an institute of difference not only by excelling in education delivery or by boasting of world class infrastructure but by integrating value added activities into the course curriculum. One such attempt is to integrate ‘corporate social responsibility’ in the course curriculum. The institute believes in creating managers with a human face and this is possible only when the ‘to be managers’ understand and appreciate the social realities and work closely with the local community. Towards our commitment to such objectives, the institute undertakes various activities in the field of CSR such as volunteering in NGOs, working with the local community, discussion forums and lectures for knowledge dissemination, exchange of ideas, and sharing best practices related to CSR with various key stakeholders such as the companies, government, civil society organizations and civil society members etc.
Keeping in view the importance of media in society and students’ continuous engagement with media it is important that the students start understanding media rather than just being passive viewers or readers. With the increasing number of channels TV & radio, publications and the new media students now days are inundated with plethora of media messages. Discussing media and media messages with students is the need of the hour. Keeping in view the growing media industry, BUZZ aims:
- To develop amongst students an understanding of importance of communication
- To develop among students an understanding of the effects of mass media on themselves as individuals and also upon society
- To develop skills to deconstruct media messages by making them understand the constructed nature of media
- To develop skills to encourage the production of creative media messages.
- To encourage students to express their feelings and thoughts through media messages they produce
- To introduce students to various career opportunities in mass media.
The Finance club has an objective of providing a constructive platform for helping the budding finance warlocks grow, and apply the theoretical concepts they have learnt in real life. The club’s activities explore the various verticals within Finance including stock markets, investments, equity research, financial policies etc. through competitions, workshops and speaker sessions. It intends:
- To empower and support our club members to explore job opportunities in Finance by boosting their finance skills and knowledge of the industry trends.
- To increase participation and engagement of the Finance Club members through tailored treks to network
Gnosis aims at developing analytical and creative thinking skills. It offers opportunities to appreciate different types of literature and increase their own literary skills. It aims at not only refining the literary skills of the students but also developing in them logic and curiosity to know more and to instill in them a confidence to speak well. It is a club made for people who love literature, and want to share their experiences, readings and thoughts with others who have the same interest and talents.
- The club aims to foster a love for language, enhance literary creativity and provide an avenue for self-expression beyond the curriculum.
The club has initiated competitions in extempore, essay writing, creative writing, poetry writing, debate, elocution, skit, quiz and reading to enhance the speech and oratorical skills.
The Abhivyakti is unique in its objectives. Whereas most of the clubs are geared at developing the physical elements of students, the Drama Club concentrates on developing and exhibiting the student’s personality. It organizes competitions, events, and activities and offer excellent networking opportunities with fellow students. They also channelize diverse interests and talents of students by providing them with an avenue to display their talents.
“Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land” – Aldo Leopold
As the world advances by leaps and bounds with each passing day, one word that has become imperative is ‘sustainability’. As future managers and the harbingers of social awareness, we must take an active interest in preserving what is depleting today, ‘Prakriti’. To serve the cause of nature and society at large, club organizes several events to generate the awareness about the environment. Groups of young, self-driven students take it upon themselves to spread awareness across the college and the city. In their own little ways, they try to lift up the lives of the downtrodden of the society and bring back the precious and refreshing smile on their faces.