We not only welcome diverse perspectives, but see them as a critical ingredient in our unique collaborative and creative environment. When people from different backgrounds come together to develop and test an idea, invention happens. Experience of a business school can never be restricted to academic and class room learning but rather goes beyond learning from books to all round development of students. Enrolling for an Activity Club of their choice and organizing interesting activities throughout the year provides students an opportunity to know their peers better, learn to work in a team, learn to work under time and budget constraints.
Utsav is the most happening club of ASB. It uses “performing arts” to help students embrace and celebrate the rich dimensions of the diversity on campus. In addition, the club promotes interaction among the students so that they can know each other better that in turn helps in developing inter cultural bonding. It offers immense opportunity for students to learn several management lessons while organizing Mega Annual Events, coordinating with third party vendors, allocating adequate budgets for each activity they carry out. The biggest and most awaited cultural fest of ASB is the Annual Inter College Cultural Festival, Kesshet wherein students across the country showcase their talent through various dance forms, music events and other activities. The purpose of the club is to encourage the young minds to perform and show the talent in cultural activities like Treasure Hunt, Ad Mad Show, Dances, Nukkad Natak, Face Painting, Management Quiz, Leadership Games, Vocabulary, Rangoli, Fashion Show and many more such events.
The HR Club functions with the sole objective to equip the students with the required industry exposure and the latest industry requirement in terms of skills and expertise in various fields of HR. Apart from the industry events, there are several internal initiatives taken up by the club which respond to the student needs such as Guest lectures on the latest issues in HR, regular in-house quizzing and interaction between senior and junior batches. Main goal of the club is to
- Help students learn more about Human Resource and what Human Resource Professionals do.
- Provide a platform to students to take the lead in arranging the events
- Promotes active participation of the students
- Help students gain insights into the latest happenings in the field of HR
- To educate graduate business students about career opportunities in the human resources field and prepare them for future career opportunities.
The objective of the club is to instill familiarity about brands and various techniques of effective usage of tools of Marketing through innovative and enjoyable events.
- Aim of carrying out activities in this club is:
- To enhance student experience outside the classroom
- To cultivate leadership, teamwork and an understanding of marketing knowledge amongst students
- To create and provide a variety of opportunities to students to explore marketing as a career path
- To create ‘industry fitness’ for marketing students through development of professional skills
- To increase student engagement in marketing events
- To provide students an insight of real life marketing set up.
Entrepreneurship Club aims to cater to the needs of aspiring entrepreneurs as well as to shape the mindset of strategic thinkers. The club is primarily responsible to
- Foster entrepreneurship skills amongst the students
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for students
- Bridge the gap between strategic concepts learned in the classroom and the complex challenges faced in today’s business environment.
- Provide networking opportunities to students with entrepreneurs, investors as well as strategy leaders in the commercial and academic world.
Modern technology has become a total phenomenon for civilization, the defining force of a new social order in which efficiency is no longer an option but a necessity imposed on all human activity– Jacques Ellul
With the evolution of Information Technology and Analytics, companies have revolutionized the ways in which they deliver their offerings resulting in enhanced productivity and transforming the lives of people and society at large.
The IT Club of ASB is a student driven body which endeavors to create an interactive learning platform for providing a glimpse into the industry encompassing a multitude of aspects.
- This club aims to
- Conduct plethora of discussions, b-plan quizzes, case study competitions and workshops
- Developing IT skill sets of students so that they are able to manage data, enterprise systems, data mining and intelligence, data security, big data and analytics
- Enhance participants’ understanding on various trends in the IT industry
- Prepare students for career opportunities in the domain of IT.
Sports Club at ASB conducts various intra-college and inter-college events to keep the environment at the college fun-filled and enthusiastic. The intra-college events include events held to bring together students in a spirit of sportsmanship over matches held between juniors and seniors, students and teachers, current students and alumni.
As a part of Institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives, CSR Club reflects the parallel extension of simplicity, cooperation, unwarranted support & kindness of the Institute.
ASB intends to be an Institute of difference not only by excelling in education delivery or by boasting of world class infrastructure but by integrating value added activities into the course curriculum. One such attempt is to integrate ‘corporate social responsibility’ in the course curriculum. The institute believes in creating managers with a human face and this is possible only when the ‘to be managers’ understand and appreciate the social realities and work closely with the local community. Towards our commitment to such objectives, the institute undertakes various activities in the field of CSR such as volunteering in NGOs, working with the local community, discussion forums and lectures for knowledge dissemination, exchange of ideas and sharing best practices related to CSR with various key stakeholders such as the companies, government, civil society organizations and members.
Keeping in view the importance of media in society and students’ continuous engagement with media, it is important that the students start understanding media rather than just being passive viewers or readers. With the increasing number of channels TV & Radio, publications and the new media, students now days are inundated with plethora of media messages. Discussing media and media messages with students is the need of the hour. Keeping in view the growing media industry, BUZZ aims:
- To develop amongst students an understanding of importance of communication
- To develop amongst students an understanding of the effects of mass media on themselves as individuals and also upon society
- To develop skills to deconstruct media messages by making students understand the constructed nature of media
- To develop skills in students to encourage them for production of creative media messages.
- To encourage students to express their feelings and thoughts through media messages they produce
- To introduce students to various career opportunities in mass media.
The Finance Club has an objective of providing a constructive platform for helping the budding finance students grow and be able to apply the theoretical concepts they have learnt in real life. The club’s activities explore the various verticals within Finance including stock markets, investments, equity research, financial policies etc. through competitions, workshops and speaker sessions. It intends:
- To empower and support our club members to explore job opportunities in Finance by boosting their finance skills and knowledge of the industry trends.
- To increase participation and engagement of the Finance Club members through tailored treks to network
Gnosis aims at developing analytical and creative thinking skills of the students. It offers opportunities to appreciate different types of literature thereby increasing the literary skills amongst students. It aims at not only refining the literary skills of the students but also developing in them logic and curiosity to know more and to instill in them a confidence to speak well. It is a club made for people who love literature and want to share their experiences, readings and thoughts with others who have the same interests.
- The club aims to foster a love for language, enhance literary creativity and provide an avenue for self-expression beyond the curriculum.
The club has initiated competitions in extempore, essay writing, creative writing, poetry writing, debate, elocution, skit, quiz and reading to enhance the speech and oratorical skills.
The Abhivyakti is unique in its objectives. Whereas most of the clubs are geared at developing the physical elements of students, the Drama Club concentrates on developing and exhibiting the student’s personality. It organizes competitions, events and activities and offers excellent networking opportunities with fellow students. It also does channelize diverse interests and talents of students by providing them with an avenue to display their talent.
“Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land” – Aldo Leopold
As the world advances by leaps and bounds with each passing day, one word that has become imperative is ‘sustainability’. As future managers and the harbingers of social awareness, we must take an active interest in preserving what is depleting today, ‘Prakriti’. To serve the cause of nature and society at large, this club organizes several events to generate the awareness about the environment. Groups of young, self-driven students take it upon themselves to spread awareness among the masses for which they keep on carrying out activities from time to time.