In the last few years, the world’s technology needs have soared exponentially high, which has led to a considerable increase in the demand for I.T. professionals in technological hotpots like India. It is here that the Bachelor of Computer Application or BCA course presents itself as THE best undergraduate course after 12th that can prepare aspiring young students for some exciting careers in the domain of IT.
As a three-year undergraduate programme of study, the BCA course teaches the students the basics of computers, programming, data management and computer operations like databases, networking, data structures and core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘Java’. So it is that the course curriculum of BCA itself offers students successful information technology careers, outsourced call centre jobs, and a lot many software development job opportunities.
For pursuing the BCA course, it is not necessary that one must have PCM in their secondary school. In fact, a Bachelor of Computer Application course after 12th is a preferred career choice among Arts and Commerce stream students as well. The admission criteria of top BCA colleges are generally based on merit, personal interview and entrance test score.
BCA Jobs Opportunities and Careers in IT and Others
Some of the top BCA Job Prospects and industries for which one becomes eligible are as follows:
- Systems Engineer: The system engineer normally develops tests and evaluates software, system circuits.
- Programmer: One can take up a career in computer programming. A successful programmer needs to be well versed with computerlanguages such as Assembly, COBOL, C, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
- Web Developer:They generally work with the web designing companies and online digital marketing companies into digital marketing.
- System Administrator: BCA course graduates can become System Administrators for firms/ organizations with huge computer bases, and are responsible for setting up and maintaining the system and servers.
- Technical Support Professionals: BCA graduates are especially armed with systems and computer knowledge to go in for technical support professions, be it at IT teams of large corporates, or call centre jobs, or smaller firms.
- IT Trainer: Again, BCA students may choose to work for a training or coaching firm which provides IT training to graduates or computer illiterate professionals.
- Government Jobs: Then, there are a large number of BCA course students who opt for government jobs through SSC CGL. They may also choose to join the Civil Services through UPSC IAS exam.
- Bank Officer:Since BCA students have adequate mathematical background, they become a natural fit for several officer level jobs in both public and private banks through IBPS and various banking exams.
Summarizing the general Industry Outlook, BCA graduates can carve out opportunities and careers in IT, which gives them an inherent job prospects. In concurrent times, just as the Information Technology careers are on the rise, so is the scope for BCA as a course of study. Indeed, Bachelors in Computer Applications offers the flexibility to go for a variety of career options like into BFSI, Government (System Administrator), Digital Marketing and Graphics designing as well. All said, the knowledge and expertise in the field of computers can be helpful for careers in almost every industry associated with technology!
To know more about the BCA course, you may visit the website of Asian School of Business (ASB), Noida – which is an integral part of Asian Education Group and is ranked as one of the top BCA colleges in Delhi NCR.