“Tycoon’19” – The Entrepreneurial Talk with Mr. Shrey Gupta was organised on 4th April 2019 within the campus premises. The session was conducted by Entrepreneurship Development & Incubation Centre (EDIC) and Entrepreneurship Club.
In Round 1, Mr. Shrey gave a brief outline about the last 15 years of his journey that started with the establishment of a business-line at the age of 15 along with his father, Mr. Ravi Gupta and then continued till date and what all ups & downs they came across.
In Round 2, Mr. Shrey talked at length about his business struggle and described the detailed scenario of the past 15 years of his career.
Some of the highlights of his struggle as shared by him were:
- At the age of 19, they took over “ISH Enterprises”, a chemical manufacturing unit and becoming the CEO of that factory unit under the guidance of his father.
- Then at the age of 22, his factory got burnt down due to “Fire” and they were all bankrupt/into huge losses.
- Then, within a year and merely till the age of 23, he again built-up the chemical unit and everything went well.
- Just after 2 years at the age of 25, he & his father were constrained to shut the chemical unit due to competition from Chinese based firms
- Then, after covering all losses, loans & advances, he including his father went onto a stagnant leave for around 1.5 years.
- Meantime, his brother joined their business and took over all the accounting processes and also they all went to Germany for Food Fairs after becoming member of German Chambers of Commerce.
- By the age of 26, they developed an altogether new concept of “How to get into” and “How to Invest into a number of Franchise Models”.
- And today, they have ended up getting the important Franchisees of Giani Ice Cream, WH Smith Chai and Chai Garam.
- Besides, today they are also the Franchisers of C4 (Car Wash Centre), E.O.D (Every Other Day) and The Fast Food Co.
- Moreover, they have recently started implementing & working on a new Idea of CNG Gas Check called Hydro Stretch Test Checking (CNG Gas Cylinder)
Main purpose of having the session was to expose the students to the world of entrepreneurship.