Asian School of Business (ASB) inaugurated its new batch of BBA, BCA, and B.Com on Monday, 18th October 2021. The inauguration kick-started a grand three-day Orientation Programme scheduled from Monday, 18th October 2021 to Wednesday, 20th October 2021. This programme was organized to benefit the students who were about to begin a new phase in their academic life.
At the ASB Orientation 2021 Day 2 ceremony that was held on Tuesday, 19th October 2021 at its campus located in Sector 125, Noida, Mr. DEBARGHA DEB – Regional HR, Dabur India Ltd. – was an eminent guest who offered a very useful talk on the theme of ‘CAMPUS TO CORPORATE’ under the Asian School of Business’ special LEAD Lecture Series 2021 initiative.
Dabur India Limited is among the Top 5 FMCG Companies in India with Revenues of over Rs 8,700 Crore & Market Capitalisation of about Rs 80,000 Crore. Building on a legacy of quality and experience for over 136 years, Dabur is today India’s most trusted name and the world’s largest Ayurvedic and Natural Health Care Company. Dabur India’s FMCG portfolio includes nine Power Brands with distinct brand identities — Dabur Chyawanprash, Dabur Honey, Dabur Lal Tail, Dabur Honitus, Dabur PudinHara, Dabur Amla, Dabur Red Paste, Réal and Vatika.
Mr. Debargha Deb is a senior HR professional with 16+ years of Multi State experience as Generalist HR. Partnering Business and managing HR relations with a vast and remote employee base is one of his core competencies. Mr. Debargha Deb is currently Heading HR functions of Dabur India Ltd North Region. He has rich experiences in the HR functional background of industries like FMCG, Insurance, Data Processing Center/ KPO.
Offering his LEAD Lecture on the occasion of Day 2 of the ASB Orientation Programme 2021 on Tuesday, 19th October 2021 at the institute’s campus located in Noida, Mr. Debargha Deb began his talk with some wisdom-packed words of caution to the new batch of ASB BBA/BCA/B.Com students. He said, “College journeys are generally of two types: One, where you enjoy and create brilliant memories; and two, when you start with a good intention, lose a bit of your momentum during the next 2 years, and in 3rd year, realize your mistakes and try to catch-up the slide. It’s all your choice!
Banking on his rich repertoire of experiences, the senior HR professional Mr. Debargha Deb then shared with the young students some priceless MANTRAS for success, which read:
- “Be focused and work on your MIND SET. Environments change from school to college, and it is even more different at workplaces. So you need to know and develop the appropriate mind sets accordingly.
- Learn all that you can about TIME MANAGEMENT. It is very important that you manage your time well. Start respecting time. Be punctual. Develop on this; it will help you in being responsible.
- You need to be READY FOR ANY OUTCOME. We all have a plan, but it is not guaranteed that they will work fine. The outcome could be anything. The important thing is, Don’t Panic!
- Your first job may not be the right job. ADD SKILLS. It will help you in your job hunting. Always be willing to learn something new each day.
- Have very good NETWORKING SKILLS. It will turn out to be your critical asset.
- Be RESPONSIBLE and prove yourself that you are responsible by starting to take good care of your siblings at home.
- Being good at LEARNING ABILITIES is extremely important. So be always open to learning new skills and capabilities.”
Mr. Debargha Deb concluded his extremely helpful talk with the words, “ATTITUDE + SKILL + KNOWLEDGE make you a CAPABLE person. When people like us visit campuses for recruitment, we look for this CAPABILITY in students. And that is how we recruit them. So, become CAPABLE as a net result of your education!”