Education provides us knowledge of the world around us and develops a positive perspective of looking at life. One of the goals of education is to prepare students for valuable participation in society. A responsible citizen needs both technical expertise as well as professional skills in a chosen career required to function within that sphere. Students master the technical knowledge, skills and abilities through traditional classroom activities. For a skilled professional management program like BBA, it’s very important to have a high standard classroom interaction with lots of projects, role plays, research works, business competitions and industry internships to fulfill the needs of changing business environment. To do so, Asian School of Business has a well-designed BBA program that helps students in developing the ability to cope up the changing business environment. This program further adds in the development of skill sets of students that thereby increases their employability score.
BBA Program at ASB has a strong emphasis on practical applications and real world experiences through case studies, mentoring program and multiple industry internships. It has got few more highlights that make it a holistic program.
- Syllabus Construction: Syllabus is formed and structured keeping in mind nurturing professional and social skills of students. Throughout the program, they are provided opportunities to practice professional skills and at the same time, feedback is provided to them related to their performance.
- Creating professional experiences through Crafter-prodigy program: Modeling and Mentoring are two powerful teaching tools. Students are exposed to every opportunity to exhibit the professional behavior and conduct. The Crafter has the responsibility of mentoring the prodigy (student) so that his skills keep on improving.
- Industry Interaction: While the classroom offers one perspective, students are involved in the industry interaction through various industry guest speakers as well as multiple internships in various semesters.
- Professional community interaction: Through various club activities, students get to learn various managerial skills related to problem solving, critical thinking and team building. Students are encouraged through CSR Club activities to have experience through community service.
- Formal student presentations: Through formal presentations, students get opportunities to develop professional demeanor.
- Career building workshops: Series of career building workshops are organized to help students build, develop and hone the skills needed to improve employability, leadership skills and strong work values.
With the experiential management learning approach, the Asian School of Business does more than simply offer the opportunity for personal and professional development. By weaving case studies, mentoring program and multiple industry internships etc. into core BBA curriculum requirements, ASB educates students to be able to demonstrate not just what they know, but also how they shall perform in the workplace. With this approach, the BBA degree that ASB students receive carries a bit more weight. It is, without exception, going into the hands of career-ready business professionals who will enter the workforce prepared for success.